Position: Sitting Statue
- The eye-full statue of Goddess Laxmi is seen sitting on a heavy pedestal of lotus.
- The graceful statue is made by the skilled artisans of Odisha, where stone engraving is famous worldwide for its complex design.
- Goddess Laxmi is the consort of Lord “Wishnu” the persevere of the universe. And the pair often worship as Laxmi-Narayana.
- Admired as the goddess of wealth and prosperity in every Hindu household.
- She surfaced from the churning of the milk ocean.
- Lotus represents beauty, diversity, harmony, and stability.
- She is widely worshipped at the time Deepavali, the festival of lights for welcoming prosperity and wealth into home and business.
- The statue should be placed in the North or East of the Northeast corner of the home or office.
- Place the statue at the entrance of the temple.
- It is very auspicious to place it in your office, business hall, restaurant, shop, etc.
- You can also place the stone sculptures in your garden, fountain, or park, poolside, and landscaping.
- She protects her devotee from illness and blessed him/her with wealth, prosperity, and good fortune.
- The word “Laxmi” is derived from the word Lakshya which means ambition, goal, or target thus, she helps a person to attain life’s goals by favoring his luck.
- The preacher of nectar she holds represents the ability to give fulfillment to human life by creating an environment of divinity and bliss.
- She is known as “Moksha Pradayeni”, which means “freeing one from the cycle of death and rebirth”.
- The gripping structure is made from durable material marble stone.
- Marble stone not only looks gorgeous in art sculpture but is also resistant to shattering.
- For cleaning, you can bathe it with running water as well as wipe the surface with a piece of dry cloth or broom.
- The cleaning can be done periodically, to keep the dust at a bay from the stone sculptures.