The Large Lion Statue is an incredible piece of work of the skilled artisans of Odisha. A design that can be a conversation starter for its intricate detailing, serves as a bold and impactful statue for your entrance.
Material: Sandstone / Khondalite stone
Dimension(HWL): 48 x 60 x 24 inch
Height: 4 ft (approx.)
Width: 5 ft (approx.)
Word picture of the astonishing duo set:
- The statue is seen sitting on a flat pedestal.
- The stone engraved on the sculpt is in such details that will make you speechless at first glance.
- The facial expression is given that exudes power and elegance from the statue.
- As the stone carving of Odisha is popular globally it is thus, can be seen in the above hand-carved by craftsman, filled with depth and rich chiseling.
- In Hinduism, one of the incarnations of Lord Vishnu was Narsimha, a half man-half lion.
- Goddess Durga, the ten-armed warrior goddess has seen riding lions, as they are associated with power and nobility.
- There are many Hindu deities to where the lion is served as a Vahana, like, Parvati, Narasimhi, Katyayini, Skandamata, etc.
- In Buddhist culture statues of lions are said to bring peace and prosperity.
- The lion symbolizes pride, that’s why in many Hindu temples, lions sit at the main entrance, believed to protect and guard the temple.
- According to Vaastu, the pair should face the eastern side of the plot or Casa, and the lion should face the main entrance.
- Add a big splash of wild to any landscaping, garden decoration, swimming pool, and fountain decoration with a large size lion set.
- You can place the statue on each side of the entrance of your home, office, temple, or entryway of the zoo and park.
- Sandstone is an environment-friendly stone and looks fabulous with passing years.
- Caring can also be done, keeping the durability of the stone within a schedule by not allowing dust to compile on the sculpture.
- So caring can be done by giving bathe to it in running water. You can also prefer to wipe the statue with the help of a cloth or broom.