This affordable piece of this sculpture, having a subtle look without a heavy cost can be a great wildlife addition to any outdoor space. Let the iconic form of Sandstone sitting Nandi bull statue shine through decades.
Material: Sandstone / Red stone Sculpture
Dimension(HWL): 18 x 24 x 12 inch
Height: 1.5 ft (approx.)
Width: 2 ft (approx.)
- The statue depicts the holy bull calf “Nandi”, the mount of Lord Shiva.
- He is generally seen sitting on a plinth in a reclining position, the plinth is known as Nandi Mandapa. He sits in such a direction that he can gaze at the Shiva Linga in the Garvagriha of Lord Shiva temple.
- He is always adorned with wearing bells, clappers, a double row of the necklace on his neck, blankets at the back(saddle cloth), and a hump on his back(it depicts that he is a Brahmin bull), and a dewlap.
- A decorative strap can be seen encircling his body. One leg is tucked under his body while the another is raised.
- The name “Nandi” means “giving delight”.
- He is the Vahana of Lord Shiva & gatekeeper of Kailasha.
- A temple to Shiva always has a sculpture of him where he constantly gazes at his master.
- Devotees convey their wish in his ears is believed to be granted as he is closer to his master.
- Gardens & park areas are places where people stand sit and pass through, place the statue off to the site but still in view, where a bunch of vibrant flowers and bushes is lined up in rows.
- Another way to make it an attraction is by placing it under a large tree in the garden, which makes an illusion of the animal is taking a rest below the shadow of the tree.
- You can make use of two on each side beside the entrance or alongside the pathway of landscape, yard, or garden.
- Stick to simplicity, and complement the statue by bringing flowers and plants into the background, where the viewer’s eye will draw automatically to the spot.
- A water feature amplifies the decor to double in number, and incorporating the statue in the large base of the fountain, is a great way to bring wildlife to the garden.
- Time spent out in nature are best, you can easily create the feel by incorporating the statue of a small pond or visible water feature like cascading fountain, self-contained fountain, etc.
- And as all, we know it is used in the shrine of Lod Shiva, if you have a temple in your compounds, where you can also incorporate the holy sculpture.
- Bulls are often found at the entryway of Lord Shiva temples & shrines.
- Keeping the bull in the southwest zone of your office or house will attract loyal customers and clients to your business. It saves the business from loss and unforeseen.
- It is propitious for individuals to get rid of unemployment, and lack of promotion for a long time, and open a trouble-free path to study abroad.
- Keeping it in the west will be favorable, for the dairy business.
- When it comes to outdoor statues they generally grow algae, grime, and debris due to environmental exposure.
- But with simple cleaning and washing, we can preserve its beauty and longevity for generations.
- To clean we need to start by douching the statue with a hose or water bucket, once it gets fully soaked, the next move is to rinse the statue with a soft bristle duster brush.
- Scrub it until all algae and dust gets detached from the stone sculptures. Once the cleaning is done make sure the statue is expunged.
- Now give a final shower /bathe with fresh water to the stone sculptures and let them dry with a towel or you can leave them for air dry.
- Clean it on a routine basis twice or thrice a year, and preserve the beauty it as new as before