Material: Black Marble Stone
Dimension(HWL): 4 x 2.5 x 4.2 inch
The representation of the formless universe bearer::Shiving idol
- It is an oval-shaped stone image placed on a circular base known as the Peedam with a passage for draining away the water or milk poured on the top.
- It is made of black marble stone, tall over 4 inches.
- The sculpture above is made by the skilled artisans of Odisha.
- Lord Shiva often worshipped in the form Linga in all his shrines.
- The Linga is represented alongside the yoni, a symbol of goddess shakti. And the union of Linga and yoni represent the two-in-ness of male and female, from which all life origins.
- The oval-shaped stone is the symbol of the universe and the base represents that supreme power that holds the entire universe.
- The Linga represents the energy of consciousness and life in nature.
- The Shivling consists of three parts, Bramha at the bottom, Vishnu at the middle, and Shiva on the top. Unity of the trinity is the creator, the preserver, and the destroyer.
- The Linga should always be placed in the North direction because there is where the mount Kailasha resides.
- Placing a Shivling at the temple of your home and office will fetch you auspicious results only.
- Keeping the Shivling at home will be bound to invite the grace of Lord Shiva and beautify your life.
- The Shiv lingam is believed to eliminate your sorrow and expand your happiness.
- The Shiv ling is used to worship as well as the decoration of your interior.
- You can place it on the altar, at the showcase, cupboard, right on top of your desk, side table of your home or office.
- The Shiv ling is made from a glossy black marble stone.
- It is a highly durable material, shatter-resistant, and looks gorgeous.
- The stone sculptures should be cleaned by using a damp cloth over the surface or you can prefer to wash them off with running water.
- The cleaning should be done every other day to keep the dirt away from the stone sculptures.