The Khanja work Nataraj statue is is a gorgeous piece with fine detailing throughout. Expressive detailing makes this Nataraj statue especially artful.
Material: Pink stone / Soapstone
Height: 3 ft (approx.)
Dimension(HWL): 33.5 x 21 x 12.5 inch
Few traits of the ravishing Indian statues:
- The tousle hair of Lord Shiva symbolizes him to be an ascetic.
- The rings of fire, enclose Lord Shiva represent the universe with all its illusion, pain, and suffering.
- The half-moon, in his hair Lord Shiva responsible for the creation of different seasons. The moon is also the deity of time, that’s why Lord Shiva is called the Maha Kaala.
- Lord Shiva is the three-eye god. One is the sun, the second is the moon, and the third on the forehead is called the eye of wisdom.
- The cobra loop around his neck, chest and upper arms represent Kundalini Shakti.
- He is holding a pellet drum in his upper right hand and fire in a vessel in his upper left hand. The lower right is a gesture in Abhay mudra while the lower left is in Gajahasta mudra.
- He is seen dancing over the body of a demon called Apasmara. (a symbol of human ignorance)
- Lord Shiva is the destroyer of the universe to re-create it.
- It is the startling dance of Lord Shiva. Which is a combination of Rudra Tandava and Ananda Tandava.
- The Nataraj dance represents five actions of Lord Shiva: creation, sustenance, dissolution, and covering from all the illusion and initiation.
- The Northeast corner is the most favorable place to set the statue, either in the house or even in the garden to the following corner.
- The Nataraj form of Lord Shiva is widely worshipped by dancers, so you can place him at the home/training room temple or in your school.
- Your living room, the entrance of the office, hotel, college, academic institution are a few more options where you can set the statue.
- The best thing about pink stone is that it is a nonporous material.
- So the handling and caring may not be so difficult for you.
- You can dust the statue by using a soft brush or a cloth over the surface.
- The cleaning should be done every other day to keep the dirt away from the statue.