Material: Granite / Blackstone
Dimension(HWL): 30 x 16 x 7 inch
Height: 2.5 ft
Some aspects of the godly home garden statue:
- The sculpture above is of Lord Kartik Murugan.
- Well adorned with jewelry, a crown on his head, and carrying a spear given to him by his mother and a bow.
- Standing on a lotus foundation along with his mount peacock behind.
- How to configure a simple stone into an expressive effigy can only be possible with skilled artisans, and Odisha is well popular for its intricate design of stone carving worldwide.
- The son of Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati is “Kartikeya” who emerged from the third eye of Lord Shiva.
- He is popularly famous in the name of “Murugan” in south India. Murugu means beauty hence Murugan means a beautiful one.
- The spear he holds is used for his far-reaching protection while the bow represents his ability to defeat all ills.
- The purpose of his birth was to kill a demon named Surapadman. Goddess Parvati gave him a spear(Vel), he battled and destroyed the demon.
- He is usually depicted as a youthful god with a charming personality.
- 6th day of the waxing moon is observed as Skanda Shashti. Vaisakhi Visakam is a Tamil festival celebrated as the birth anniversary of Lord Murugan. Apart from the above-mentioned, there are some other important days and festivals too significant for Murugan worship.
- His worship helps devotees to overcome destiny, illusion, and ego.
- The worshiper is also blessed with courage, confidence, and determination.
- Also, get relief from the malicious effect of planet mars.
- Pregnant ladies generally worship for seeking the good health of the fetus in the womb.
- Ishan Kona is always considered auspicious as per Vaastu for placing the statue.
- Bushes and hedges can complement your garden statue really well.
- If you want to make your statue stand out, install it on the center of the flower bed, landscaping, and garden area.
- Corner spaces also are desirable ideas to place, such as swimming pool, garden fountain, etc.
- Also, Lord Murugan’s statue can be placed in the temple for Puja.
- The black stone is such strong material that withstands any weather perfect for outdoor decor.
- Cleaned simply with water and a soft cloth, and scrub away the debris from the surface.
- Cleaning with uniform intervals is likely to make the home statue decor shine for ages.