Expertly shaped, smooth color coordination of the “Maa Durga” 1 ft soapstone statue is crafted to provide impressive functionality without taking up much space.
Material: Soapstone / Pink stone
Dimension (HWL): 12 x 8 x 3 inch
Height: 1 ft (approx.)
Height: 1 ft
Lustrous appearance of the stone sculptures:
- The above sculpture has uncloaked the statue of “Goddess Durga”. A fierce and fearsome warrior.
- She is depicted as astride on her mount lion and the demon while tearing apart the demon with her trident on the base of the lotus pedestal.
- She is embellished with jewelry incised all over her body, with multiple hands carrying armaments.
- The statue above exhibits the artistic skill of traditional sculpting of Odisha artificers, the land of enchanting beauty popular for its splendid piece of art.
- Goddess Durga was born as a beautiful and fully formed adult, with ten arms carrying weapons in each arm, riding on a lion so that she could slay a demon named Mahishashura.
- An Asura, who was granted immortality by Lord Bramha, except getting killed only by a female.
- Hearing that no one could beat him he started to attack all the Trilok, this is when the gods decided to create feminine energy by combining them into Durga to defeat Mahishasura.
- This fight went for ten days to defeat Mahishashura, celebrated as “Vijayadashami” the win over darkness.
- The southwest zone is the most auspicious zone to place the Durga idol at home/office as per Vaastu.
- You don’t need a massive space to display the lustrous sculpt, display it on the windowed cabinet, accent cabinet will be very eye-catching.
- Transform your bookshelves and floating shelves for storing the magnificent art.
- The gallery/foyer and hallways will always gain the visitor’s attention, place the artsy sculpt on a high table in these areas and wait for the compliments.
- Be it a birthday/House warming or any special life event of your loved one this idol is proved auspicious to gift.
- Goddess Durga decreases the ill effects of planet Rahu.
- By protecting her worshiper from sorrow, miseries, and evil-eye Goddess Durga bestows her devotees with peace and prosperity.
- The devotee gets health and wealth by the grace of the divine mother.
- Pinkstone is mostly used for sculpture making as it is easy to carve.
- The shatter-proof and weather-resistant nature make it more durable.
- Start the cleaning of the sculpts by wiping the surface gently with a piece of soft cloth, don’t be too harsh while rubbing it.
- You can make use of a feather or soft bristle brush to reach the area where dust usually accumulates.
- Make it sparkly clean by ensuring a follow-up schedule of dusting.