Material: Sandstone / Redstone
Dimension(HWL): 20 inch
Height: 20 inch
Features of the Lord Buddha Statue for Home:
- A lovely sculpture of Protection/Blessing Buddha is shown above.
- The statue is shown standing over a lotus pedestal.
- His right hand is raised and facing outward symbolically portraying a guard or protection, while the left one is holding one end of the cloth.
- Siddhartha Gautama is “Buddha” which means—the “Awakened One”.
- Born as a royal Prince whose father had safeguarded him against any kind of misery. From the time of his birth until the age of 29, he was given everything that one could desire looks, riches, a beautiful wife, and a healthy son.
- Then at 29, he underwent sickness, old age, and death for the first time. Shattered by what he saw, Goutama realized that all beings were subject to these things, no matter how much they had of worldly goods and grandeur. He could no longer neglect the fact of life.
- So, he went from his home permanently and took up a begging bowl and staff of the Samana to seek the end of his samsara the continuous process of births, deaths, and rebirths.
- Gautama sat under a huge tree that was later called the “knowledge,” or “Bodhi” tree, and proclaimed not to leave it until he achieved the liberating knowledge he aimed for.
- He embarked on a long and difficult time of meditation that culminated in his earning deep insights into human circumstances. Ultimately, in confounding the tricks of the demonic Mara, he believed he did attain Nibbana (or nirvana).
- Make the entrance clear with a gate and an attractive arbor or an archway. You may use bamboo fences or plants also.
- A stepping stone leads your eye past the stone pagoda and invites you to speculate on what’s around the next corner where you exhibited your Buddha statue.
- Use subtle differences in color and texture around the sculpture which will provide soothing shades of green around the year.
- Because moss doesn’t tolerate foot traffic well, place a stepping stone among the moss to allow passage without damaging its soft surface toward your Buddha Statue for Home.
- Give your garden a teahouse or pavilion made of bamboo or wood. Use the structure for entertaining or for viewing the tranquil landscape.
- Stone lanterns shaped like pagodas work well to bring some Japanese style to your Buddha statue providing a charming glow in the evening.
- Use subtle color contrast and bold textural differences to create interest in the flower bed.
- Start the cleaning by dampening it using a hose spray. Once it got soaked rinse it thoroughly with a cloth or a sponge.
- And let it air dry after giving a final bath.