Material: Soapstone / Pink stone statue
Height: 10 inch (approx.)
Dimension(HWL): 10 x 7 x 2.5 inch
Few points describing the on-fleek graven image of Maa Durga:
- The above statue is depicting a woman of divine appearance “Maa Durga”, which means the protector.
- She is seen sitting on a lion, armed with various weapons with her multiple hands over a lotus plinth.
- The mentioned sculpture is no wonder is the splendid job from skilled artificer of Odisha. Who not only chiseled through a stone but also gave it a life-like feel with their brilliant carving over a single stone.
- Goddess Durga was a creation of a combination of powers of all the gods. All these gods give power to her to fight with a demon and save the universe.
- She comes up fully grown and armed by the various weapons of different gods like Vishnu’s discus, the trident of Shiva, Varuna’s conch shell, Agni’s flaming dart, Vayu’s bow, Surya’s quiver and arrow, Yama’s iron rod, Indra’s thunderbolt, and Kubera’s club.
- She was sitting on her Vahana Simha (the lion), bejeweled with ornaments all over her body.
- She fought with a demon named Mahishashura for 9 long days and on the 10th day she pierce him with her trident that day celebrated as Vijay Dashami. The win of good over evil.
- Vaastu advises the southeast corner for the placement of the Goddess Durga’s idol at home / office.
- Place the 10 inches sculpture atop a heightened table to give the foyer / hallway / entryway or gallery a commanding presence.
- The accent shelving unit and floating shelve work well for getting attention from the spectator.
- You can exhibit the statue in a windowed cabinet or book shelve to draw attention.
- With the grace of Maa Durga planet, mercury gets strengthened, as well as ill effects of planets decline.
- She gives material power to her devotee.
- Also bestows her worshiper with wealth and fame by protecting her from misery.
- Soapstone is usually used for sculpting because of its specific softness for carving and durability.
- gently removing dirt & debris followed with a general cleansing step of wiping it over the surface with a soft cloth or a brush.
- Cleaning the decorative stone from time to time will keep them looking their best for years.