Are you looking for something with an artistic appeal then you are on the right page, the “Durga maa statue sitting on lion” offers a classic look that is attractively sculpted from start to finish, best to suit your decor preferences!
Material: Sandstone / Red stone
Dimension (HWL): 24 x 16 x 8inch
Height: 2 ft (approx.)
Outlook of the imagery :
- Goddess Durga is the most powerful and sacred figure of Hindu mythology. “Ferocious to the demon and benevolent to her devotee”.
- The prowess goddess depicted with holding different weapons symbolizes various Shakti, riding a lion as her mount showcases her strength further.
- The sword symbolizes her intellect and wisdom, that knowledge never gets rusted, like where you can battle the universe with the sword called knowledge. The trident symbolizes three qualities of humankind is made of; Salvation, peace, and serenity.
- Gesturing in Abhay Mudra(fearlessness) and Varada Mudra(boon granting), while sitting on her lion, bejeweled with ornaments on a lotus Simhasana.
- Odisha who is famous for its rich artistic heritage all over the globe can be seen from the above sculpt, where the sure-handed craftsman gave top-hole shape to the artifact.
- The warrior goddess symbolizes everything that a world needs to defeat evil. She was created by the gods to defeat evil over good.
- There was a demon named Mahishashura who with his intense penance pleased Lord Bramha and got the boon that he will not be killed by any man, god, or animal.
- Empowered by the boon he started making havoc in all three worlds, which apprehended gods that they need to stop him.
- That is when the trinity of Hindus along with other Devatas conjoined to create the supreme feminine warrior “Durga”.
- The super goddess with the gifts and boons of other gods went in battle with the demon king and killed Mahisha sura with her trident. The day she killed the demon was the 10th day of the battle which is celebrated as the “Vijaya Dashami”, the day of victory of good over evil.
- Vaastu Sastra says the southeast corner is good for putting Goddess Durga’s idol either at home or office.
- Stone sculptures can add a prime focus to any garden with a flower arrangement that will draw maximum attention.
- Gives sophisticated decor to your front yard, corner spaces of parks, or a garden fountain can be spectacular.
- In landscaping highlight the sculpture and make them stand out more with a dynamic look.
- Take advantage of that situation with bright colors of plants and flowers that contrast with the statue and make a perfect balance between them.
- Goddess Durga safeguards his devotee from misery, ill effects of planets, and the evil eye.
- She fades away the hardship of her worshiper and bestowed her a peaceful and prosperous life.
- Sandstones are the very durable and best choice to showcase outdoor displays, suitable for all seasons. Also, it requires little maintenance from time to time.
- Spray the stone sculptures with a hose spray delicately otherwise, you can bathe the statue with a bucket full of water.
- The next step is to scrub any build-up area with a small bristle brush to remove grime and biological growth.
- And finally, dry the sculpt with a soft cloth or tea towel completely.